Revised: November 29, 2021
Previously published as CARES and CRRSAA
American Rescue Plan (ARP)
South Plains College has received federal funding from the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund III (HEERF III) in accordance with the American RescuePlan Act, 2021 (ARP). ARP (HEERF III) provides assistance for student expenses related to the continued disruption of campus operations due to the coronavirus. Students can request funds in these categories:
- Tuition & Fees (for any term from spring 2020 forward, with priority to spring 2022)
- Child Care
- Food Assistance
- Housing Assistance
- Medical Care (including mental health)
- Additional Course Materials (textbooks, access codes, etc.)
- Technology Assistance (computers, internet, etc.)
- Other Expenses (expenses that do not fit in above categories)
SPC will use a rubric to determine immediate needs. Each application will be assessed on the funding categories identified and the need levels.
How do I apply?
ARP funds require an application. The application can be found here.
Am I eligible?
Revised: May 18, 2021
- You MAY be eligible for ARP (HEERF III) funding if you are enrolled at SPC any time from March 13, 2020 forward.
- You are in good academic standing with South Plains College.
ARP (HEERF III) Frequently Asked Questions:
The American Rescue Plan Act, 2021 (ARP) is federal legislation that provides a variety of financial support to individuals and organizations affected by the COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) pandemic.
ARP includes a Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund III (HEERF III) that provides an additional $36 billion in emergency funding to higher education. A significant portion of these funds must go directly to students in the form of emergency financial aid grants (HEERF III-student share) for expenses related to the to the COVID-19 crisis.
South Plains College will receive funds that will be provided directly to students for their expenses related to the coronavirus, such as food, housing, course materials, technology, health and mental care, child-care, and payment of current term tuition and fees. The other part of the allocation may be used by the college to cover costs associated with significant changes in operations due to the coronavirus.
Have questions or need assistance? Our staff is here to help.
Financial Aid: firstname.lastname@example.org