Frequently Asked Questions

Below are some frequently asked questions by South Plains College prospective and current students to our Advisors. 

Advising Center Related


Learn More

Login to “MySPC”, then go to the card titled "Success Team." Once here, you will find your advisor's information. You may have multiple advisors, and you can toggle between them.

You will need to submit the "Student Initiated Drop Form" found through the Admissions and Records webpage. 

If you have any questions regarding how this will affect you, please feel free to contact our office. 

First, you will need to contact the Advising Center. An advisor will assist you with reviewing how withdrawing from all courses will affect you. You will then fill out the "South Plains College Withdrawal Form" given to you by the advisor. To be processed, this form must be turned in to the Registrar's Office through the email from your own SPC Student email account.

 Yes! Our advisors are able to help you review your current processes and aid in new recommendations based on the way that you learn and process information. 

Our Student Success Resources page also offers a number of printable resources for students to use. 

No. All offices have walk-in availability. However, it is more beneficial for both you and the advisor to have an appointment time set aside so that you are both prepared for your visit and the questions you may have. 

You can set up an appointment here

Testing Center Related


Learn More

This may be for TSIA2, TEAS, CLEP, or any of the other exams that our Testing Center offers. The Testing Center staff are the best contact persons to assist with any registration questions. The testing schedules and links for scheduling can be found on the Testing Center website HERE.

The minimum TSIA2 scores required to demonstrate college readiness are:


950 -or-

910 + 6 diagnostic


(Reading & Writing) 

945 + 5 essay -or-

910 + 5 essay

        + 5 diagnostic

This is best completed with the Testing Center staff. They will need detailed information to make sure that the Center is prepared to help you on the date of your exam. 

You will need to submit a copy of your score report to the Admissions and Records Office. This report must have your name and birthdate. 

Keep in mind that these scores only last for five years in order to apply the credit to your degree. 

Testing Center information can be found here

Admissions and Records Related


Learn More

Login to “MySPC”, then click on the card titled “Texan Connect.” On Texan Connect, click "Register for Classes," then click "Plan Your Degree & Register for Classes." Your holds should be listed at the top of the page. Contact Admissions and Records if you have any questions regarding holds listed on your account.

On the main South Plains College website, you can apply under the Student Services tab on the Admissions and Records page. 

You can email a clear picture or scanned copy of the form to, hand deliver to any location, or by mail. 

More information can be found here

After completing the TSIA2 assessment, please email the score report to Admissions and Records or drop off at any SPC location.

After you have submitted an official college/university transcript to the Admissions and Records office, you can email to request possible transfer credit equivalency be reviewed.

 Transcript requests are handled by the Admissions and Records office. Instructions on requesting a transcript can be found here
 Academic appeals must be returned to Admissions after completing. To fill out an appeal form, click here.  

Students are no longer required to complete an application for graduation. Students eligible for graduation will receive a notification email in their SPC student email account inviting them to complete the Graduation Information Form. This form will let students update how they would like their name printed on their diploma, their mailing address, and whether they would like to participate in commencement ceremonies. Eligible students should receive this email by each term's census date.

If you do not receive an email inviting you to complete this form and you believe you are eligible for a degree or certificate, please contact the Graduation Clerk by email or by phone at 806-716-2572.

The South Plains College Registrar assists all international students with their admission and enrollment. Their office can be reached at or 806-716-2371.

Admissions and Records information can be found here

Financial Aid Related


Learn More

Login to “MySPC”, then go to the card titled “Texan Connect.” Click on "View My Financial Aid." The checklist on this page will allow you to accept your aid and provide additional information about your specific aid information.

Keep in mind that you may have to complete two steps. First, you must "Review and accept your Financial Aid Award Package". Second, you may need to "Review and sign your Financial Aid Offer Letter".

For further questions, email the Financial Aid office at

Yes, you can still receive aid. Your aid will be disbursed proportionate to the number of hours in which you are enrolled.

No. Financial aid is only available to students who are enrolled post-high school.

No. Financial aid funding is not available to students who are pursuing educational opportunities through Continuing Educations’ short-term courses and training programs.

Please first visit the Financial Aid webpage to complete the Financial Aid Appeal Form.

If the Financial Aid Appeal Committee approves your appeal, then you will need to setup an appointment with an advisor to complete an Academic Plan to accompany your appeal.

You may have to pay back a portion of your financial aid award, depending on your specific situation that semester. Dropping classes will also affect your ability to receive future aid. Please visit the Financial Aid Office webpage to review SAP requirements.

Financial Aid Office information can be found here

Business Office Related


Learn More

Login to “MySPC”, then click the card titled “Texan Connect”. Once you are in Texan Connect, select the “Student Bill/Refund Choice” tab, followed by clicking "Make a Payment", which takes you to the payment portal.
You can pay your bill online through Texan Connect (this is preferred and the ONLY way you can pay if you are setting up a payment plan). You may also call the Business Office at 806-716-2409 to pay in full with a credit card, or you can go in person to any campus to pay in full with cash, card, or check.

Payment is due prior to the start of each semester. You must have payment in place to keep your classes by the payment deadline. Each semester’s payment deadline will be listed in the academic calendar.

The last day you can receive a full refund is typically the day prior to the first day of classes. The official date for each semester will be listed in the academic calendar.

You can select your direct deposit refund option in the "Student Bill/Refund Choice" tab within Texan Connect.

Business Office information can be found here

 Enrollment in Classes

Fine Arts

Learn More

Login to “MySPC”, then click the card titled “Texan Connect”. Once you are in Texan Connect, select the “Student Registration/Planning” tab, then select “Go to Plan/Schedule”.

The instructor/professor’s contact information will be listed within your course schedule. You can click on the individual course, and the instructor’s email will be listed.  Or you can visit the Employee Directory to find their office number, email address, and phone number here.

Login to “MySPC”, then click the card titled “Texan Connect”. Once you are in Texan Connect, select the “Student Registration/Planning” tab, then select “View my Progress.” Or you can visit the Online Catalog to view your degree plan.

The course location will be listed on your schedule in Texan Connect. You can review the campus maps here.

Online courses will be posted in Blackboard Learn. There is a quick link to Blackboard on the main home page, or in MySPC.

You can visit the Levelland Campus  or Reese Center bookstores.

Keep in mind that some courses may have Inclusive Access Textbooks already applied to the course fees. This can be found by clicking on the course title in your Course Planning and Registration tab.

Visit the following web page to schedule an appointment with a tutor: Tutoring



Learn More

Follow the instructions on the following web page to obtain your student ID:

Register online for a parking permit here.

The Housing Office holds all information regarding your dorm payment and placement. They can be reached through email or at 806-716-2379.

For meal plan information, students need to speak with Great Western Dining. They can be reached at 806-716-2395.

You can access your student email through MySPC. Find the card titled "Outlook" and sign in with the same credentials as your MySPC account.


If you do not see the Outlook card, scroll down to the bottom of the screen and press the blue "Discover More" button. Flag the Outlook card to add it to your MySPC home screen.

Office 365 provides online access to Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and 1TB of free online storage with Microsoft OneDrive.

You can use Office 365 online or install to your PC, Mac or mobile device.

To access Office 365, go to and sign in with the following format: and your MySPC password.